The state of employment law is continually changing with new statutes passed by the legislature, regulations set by government agencies and published decisions in the courts. Almost daily, news reports arise about cases relating to wage and hour violations, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, affirmative action, employee privacy, workplace violence, workplace safety, or some claim of workplace discrimination on the basis of race, sex or national origin.
RPNA lawyers understand that employee challenges are not soundly addressed with one-size-fits-all solutions. We work with management on the many aspects of day-to-day employment law challenges, including:
- Wage and hour litigation and counseling
- Handbooks and personnel policies
- Management and employee training programs
- Executive compensation and employment contracts
- Drug and alcohol testing and employee leaves
- Harassment and discrimination and sexual harassment
- Reductions In Force and WARN Act
- Unfair competition and trade secrets
- Unfair labor practice charges
- Wrongful termination and whistleblower actions
- Class actions and multi-plaintiff defense
RPNA is known as a top tier California law firm in litigation and dispute resolution. Our lawyers function as members of the “team” to our clients’ executive staff and human resource professionals. We work with management to regularly monitor and analyze evolving and changing employment laws, and how those changes effect employment practices and procedures. Our training programs have allowed our clients to institute best practices regarding their employment policies and procedures, resulting in an enhanced focus on the company’s core values and ideals rather than responding to threatening or ruinous employment related law suits.