RPNA attorneys provide employers with an absolute focus on the protection of business interests. Developing clearly written and easily understood labor and employment policies and procedures geared toward mitigating potential problems is not only a prudent choice, but also a compulsory one in today’s business environment. Well written personnel policies, handbooks and employee manuals are the first step in preventing problems before they occur.
RPNA attorneys regularly devise, review, draft and update employee materials. A sampling of employment information we have created includes:
- Meal and rest break policies—wage and hour law
- Arbitration agreements
- Employment applications and agreements
- Standards of conduct
- Compensation, payroll, benefits, at-will statements and leaves of absence
- Vacation, sick leave and PTO policies
- Performance reviews and procedures
- Grievances and disciplinary procedures
- Non-discrimination and harassment
- Workplace security and violence
- Drug and alcohol policies and procedures
- Proprietary information
- Privacy and the use/misuse of computers/electronics
Because people make up an organization, RRNA attorneys offer seminars for managers, supervisors and human resource staff on the host of issues with which they are faced daily. Because the law continually evolves, RPNA monitors and updates clients on new developments to ensure that documentation processes, handbooks and manuals stay current and therefore viable as a measure of prevention and protection.