Joseph C. Gjonola practices in the areas of general business litigation, complex commercial litigation and intellectual property. He also specializes in writs and appeals. His record reflects versatility in legal substance and procedure, from advocating for individuals in mediation to confronting large corporations in federal courts.
Mr. Gjonola seeks to protect businesses from insurance companies who breach their contracts or act in bad faith, which can increase costs and drain profits. In addition, he represents physicians, psychologists, and medical device manufacturers in litigation, contract negotiation, and regulatory matters. He has successfully litigated suits for breach of contract and business torts ranging from conversion to unfair practices.
Prior to joining RPNA, Mr. Gjonola was an Associate at Girardi Keese, where he represented individuals against some of the most powerful industries in the country. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Gjonola gained valuable insight into the insurance industry as a California Licensed Insurance Agent. Mr. Gjonola was also Director of Operations for a fast growing franchise company, where he became personally familiar with the challenges of running a business.
Elected to a Seat on the City of Los Angeles Neighborhood Council, South Robertson, 2009-2011.
Delegate and Designated Resolution Advocate, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2007 Annual Meeting.
- Pepperdine University, J.D., 2005
- Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence: Conflicts of Law, Criminal Law and Property
- CALI Award for Conflicts of Law
- California State University, Northridge, B.A., Economics, 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2009
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee (2019-present)